Ryan Gosling Stars in Bloody 'Only God Forgives' Trailer (Video)
The actor reunites with "Drive" director Nicolas Winding Refn for the Thailand-set crime drama.
Ryan Gosling and Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn are back together with the first trailer for Only God Forgives.
Like his previous collaboration with Refn, Gosling once again seems to be playing a tough guy of few words, in a film the star recently told The Hollywood Reporter was "much more extreme" than Drive. Gosling plays Julian, an exiled American running a boxing club in Thailand as a front for a drug business.
The trailer for the crime drama starts with a voiceover from Gosling’s mother (Kristin Scott Thomas), saying he was “different” during her pregnancy with him, and that “they wanted me to terminate, but I wouldn’t.” Cue footage of Gosling causing trouble around Thailand.
The excitement online has been palpable. Among the trailer’s enthusiastic reviewers was Lost’s Damon Lindleoff, who tweeted:
“That new Ryan Gosling trailer makes me want to SHAKE RYAN GOSLING AND SCREAM 'WHY ARE YOU RETIRING!?!' AND THEN FRENCH HIS MOUTH!”
The film is slated for a July 19 release. Watch the trailer below.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'