Sacha Baron Cohen in Negotiations for Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'
Cohen would play a small but showy character that's party to disappearance of the title character's wife.
Sacha Baron Cohen has nabbed one of the last roles in Django Unchained, Quentin Tarantino’s latest production.
The movie is set in the American South of the 1800's and follows a freed slave (Jamie Foxx) who partners with a German bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) in order to find his wife.
The actor is in negotiations to portray a minor but showy role of a off-kilter gambler who buys the wife (Kerry Washington) much to his misfortune.
Cohen joins a high wattage cast that only includes Foxx and Waltz but also Leonardo DiCaprio, Samuel L. Jackson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Kurt Russell, Don Johnson, RZA, and Anthony LaPaglia among others.
The movie is due to start shooting later this month.
Cohen will next be seen in Martin Scorsese’s Hugo, which opens November 23.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet