Sacha Baron Cohen in Negotiations for Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'
Cohen would play a small but showy character that's party to disappearance of the title character's wife.
Sacha Baron Cohen has nabbed one of the last roles in Django Unchained, Quentin Tarantino’s latest production.
The movie is set in the American South of the 1800's and follows a freed slave (Jamie Foxx) who partners with a German bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) in order to find his wife.
The actor is in negotiations to portray a minor but showy role of a off-kilter gambler who buys the wife (Kerry Washington) much to his misfortune.
Cohen joins a high wattage cast that only includes Foxx and Waltz but also Leonardo DiCaprio, Samuel L. Jackson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Kurt Russell, Don Johnson, RZA, and Anthony LaPaglia among others.
The movie is due to start shooting later this month.
Cohen will next be seen in Martin Scorsese’s Hugo, which opens November 23.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR