'Safety Not Guaranteed's' Jake Johnson to His Intern: 'Let's Do Something Stupid' (Video)
Mark Duplass and Aubrey Plaza also star in this comedy about magazine writers who investigate the author of a personal ad seeking a companion for his time travel experiment.
The fictionalization of a personal ad sounds like a dubious start for a movie, but a new clip from Safety Not Guaranteed hints at what writer Derek Connolly and director Colin Trevorrow did to bring a fully-formed story to life. Jake Johnson (TV’s The New Girl) and newcomer Karan Soni share a moment pregnant with expectation in a scene from the film, which is due in theaters June 8.
The film follows a magazine editor (Johnson) and two interns (Soni and Aubrey Plaza) who hunt down the creator of a classified ad (Mark Duplass) soliciting companions for a time travel experiment. In the clip, Johnson’s character Jeff returns to the group’s hotel room to find Soni’s Arnau sitting quietly by himself. Questioning him intensely on what he’s doing, he tells his young colleague, “I’m asking you to be a man,” and then shepherds him out the door for a night of misadventures. “Let’s do something stupid,” he says enthusiastically.
Watch the clip above for more from Johnson and Soni.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR