Sam Raimi to Produce MGM's 'Poltergeist' Remake (Exclusive)
The filmmaker, who got his start with the "Evil Dead" horror movies, will produce the remake of the 1982 film with Nathan Kahane and Roy Lee.
Sam Raimi is boarding MGM’s Poltergeist.
The filmmaker, who got his start with the Evil Dead horror movies, will produce the remake of the 1982 film -- which Steven Spielberg produced and co-scripted from his original story -- with Nathan Kahane, Roy Lee, and Robert Tapert.
Despite some reports, Raimi is not directing the remake but will help oversee the search for a helmer.
David Lindsay-Abaire, who worked on Disney's Oz: The Great and Powerful for Raimi, is working on the script, which focuses on a family whose house was built on a holy site and whosedaughter is taken by ghosts.
The movie is one of two horror remakes on which MGM is in active development, the other being Carrie. Julianne Moore is circling the role of the mother opposite Chloe Moretz.
Raimi is currently producing a remake of his Evil Dead. Fede Alvarez is directing the pic, which TriStar will release April 12, 2013.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother