Samuel L. Jackson Joining 'Robocop' (Exclusive)
The actor will play a media mogul in the MGM/Sony remake, which is being helmed by Jose Padilha and stars Joel Kinnaman in the title role.
Samuel L. Jackson is joining the cast of Robocop, MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie.
Jose Padilha is directing the film, which sees Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) as the title hero, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer. Gary Oldman has already been cast as his scientist-creator.
Jackson will play Pat Novak, a charismatic media mogul and a powerful force in the Robocop world.
Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producing the movie, which is eyeing a September shoot in Toronto and has a tentative release date of summer 2013.
Jackson, who is onscreen as Nick Fury in The Avengers, is shooting Quentin Tarantino’s revenge drama Django Unchained. The actor is repped by ICM, Anonymous Content and Jackoway Tyerman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)