Samuel L. Jackson Joining 'Robocop' (Exclusive)
The actor will play a media mogul in the MGM/Sony remake, which is being helmed by Jose Padilha and stars Joel Kinnaman in the title role.
Samuel L. Jackson is joining the cast of Robocop, MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie.
Jose Padilha is directing the film, which sees Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) as the title hero, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer. Gary Oldman has already been cast as his scientist-creator.
Jackson will play Pat Novak, a charismatic media mogul and a powerful force in the Robocop world.
Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producing the movie, which is eyeing a September shoot in Toronto and has a tentative release date of summer 2013.
Jackson, who is onscreen as Nick Fury in The Avengers, is shooting Quentin Tarantino’s revenge drama Django Unchained. The actor is repped by ICM, Anonymous Content and Jackoway Tyerman.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR