Samuel L. Jackson Joining 'Robocop' (Exclusive)
The actor will play a media mogul in the MGM/Sony remake, which is being helmed by Jose Padilha and stars Joel Kinnaman in the title role.
Samuel L. Jackson is joining the cast of Robocop, MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie.
Jose Padilha is directing the film, which sees Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) as the title hero, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer. Gary Oldman has already been cast as his scientist-creator.
Jackson will play Pat Novak, a charismatic media mogul and a powerful force in the Robocop world.
Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producing the movie, which is eyeing a September shoot in Toronto and has a tentative release date of summer 2013.
Jackson, who is onscreen as Nick Fury in The Avengers, is shooting Quentin Tarantino’s revenge drama Django Unchained. The actor is repped by ICM, Anonymous Content and Jackoway Tyerman.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- We Spent Half An Hour Talking To Allison Janney About 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'
- Here's How 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Really Feels About That Emmy Snub
- 'American Horror Story' Leaked Call Sheet Signals Possible Return Of A Past Character
- New Visions on Romance: Hour of the Wolf Movie Review of I Origins & Mood Indigo
- Not Only is Zoe Saldana Pregnant, But She's Reportedly Expecting Twins!
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, and Daughters Sunday & Faith Join Reba McEntire's 'Pray for Peace' Campaign (Video)
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives for Court, Is Working Out a Plea Deal for His Recent Arrest Charges
- Kelsey Grammer & Wife Kayte Welcome Newborn Son Gabriel!