Sandra Bullock Will Not Play Miss Hannigan in 'Annie'
Quvenzhane Wallis is on board to play the iconic orphan.
Sandra Bullock and Annie are not meant to be, it seems.
Negotiations have ended between the actress and Sony, the studio behind the update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical being produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z, THR has confirmed.
Bullock was offered the role of Miss Hannigan, the mean lady who runs the orphanage where Annie (Quvenzhane Wallis) and her fellow orphans live.
The actress and the studio were in talks in March before parting ways and then restarted talks earlier this month. The talks never progressed beyond an embryonic stage, according to sources.
Will Gluck is directing the project, eyeing a late fall production start for an anticipated 2014 release.
The search for an actress to play the part will begin anew.
Health & Hollywood
Follow Heat Vision
- Bill Hader Thinks Recent 'SNL' Fan-Voted Bracket Needed More Women
- Grover And Abby Cadabby From 'Sesame Street' Really Love Michelle Obama's Hugs
- Toddler Takes The Lead In Choreographing Interpretive Dance For Adults
- Alison Bechdel Awarded MacArthur Fellowship: 'Fun Home' Creator One Of 21 New Fellows
- Adam Arkin on The Bridge, Directing Himself, and Getting Mistaken for George Clooney
- Get a Glimpse of the Hannibal Writers’ Room in This Clip From the Season 2 DVD
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- An In Depth Joan Rivers Biography is In the Works
- Taylor Schilling & 'OITNB' Cast Brighten Up the Red Carpet at Netflix Launch in Berlin!
- Avril Lavigne & Chad Kroeger's Relationship Reportedly in Trouble: 'They've Been Fighting A Lot'
- Ellen Page Wears Nearly Nothing & Flashes Her Amazing Abs for W's New Royals Issue