Sandra Bullock Will Not Play Miss Hannigan in 'Annie'
Quvenzhane Wallis is on board to play the iconic orphan.
Sandra Bullock and Annie are not meant to be, it seems.
Negotiations have ended between the actress and Sony, the studio behind the update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical being produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z, THR has confirmed.
Bullock was offered the role of Miss Hannigan, the mean lady who runs the orphanage where Annie (Quvenzhane Wallis) and her fellow orphans live.
The actress and the studio were in talks in March before parting ways and then restarted talks earlier this month. The talks never progressed beyond an embryonic stage, according to sources.
Will Gluck is directing the project, eyeing a late fall production start for an anticipated 2014 release.
The search for an actress to play the part will begin anew.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum