Sandra Bullock Will Not Play Miss Hannigan in 'Annie'
Quvenzhane Wallis is on board to play the iconic orphan.
Sandra Bullock and Annie are not meant to be, it seems.
Negotiations have ended between the actress and Sony, the studio behind the update of the classic comic strip-turned-musical being produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z, THR has confirmed.
Bullock was offered the role of Miss Hannigan, the mean lady who runs the orphanage where Annie (Quvenzhane Wallis) and her fellow orphans live.
The actress and the studio were in talks in March before parting ways and then restarted talks earlier this month. The talks never progressed beyond an embryonic stage, according to sources.
Will Gluck is directing the project, eyeing a late fall production start for an anticipated 2014 release.
The search for an actress to play the part will begin anew.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR