Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
Jon Favreau is directing the live-action/CG hybrid adaptation of the Rudyard Kipling tale.
Disney is swinging forward with its adaptation of The Jungle Book, with two actresses in the midst of boarding the project being directed by Jon Favreau.
Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong’o are in the middle of negotiations to join the already cast Idris Elba in what is being envisioned as a live-action/CG hybrid movie.
Nyong’o is in final negotiations to play Rakcha, a mother wolf who adopts Mowgli.
Johansson is in earlier stages of talks to voice the character of Kaa, the python who eats other animals by hypnotizing them. Kaa is the movie’s second villain after Shere Khan, the man-eating tiger being voiced by Idris Elba.
The part of Mowgli has not been set yet.
Justin Marks wrote the script for project, which has a release date of October 9, 2015.
Favreau is producing along with Brigham Taylor.
The Disney version of Jungle Book is one of two projects underway. Warner Bros. is developing its own version of the property with Andy Serkis set to direct.
Johansson (CAA, LBI Entertainment, Morris Yorn) is currently shooting Avengers: Age of Ultron and has the Luc Besson action movie Lucy awaiting an August 8 release.
Nyong’o is only now making her first moves since winning a best supporting Oscar for her work in 12 Years a Slave. Earlier this week she joined CAA for representation.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag