Sci-Fi Short 'R'ha' Heating Up Hollywood (Video)
22-year old Kaleb Lechowski of Berlin wrote and directed the CG short.
The year’s first hot short is here.
R’ha hails from Kaleb Lechowski, an aspiring German director who will turn 23 in March.
Lechowski attends Berlin's Mediadesign Hochschule, where he is studying film and animation. He had no money for actors or live sets but was able to use a computer to, over a period of seven months, create a fully realized world. The short popped up on Vimeo earlier today but already has an exec or two talking about it.
Lechowski is repped by managers Scott Glassgold and Raymond Brothers at IAM Entertainment and is expected to arrive in Los Angeles later this month.
R’ha might have elements you’ve seen in other movies, specifically Star Wars, Avatar and Terminator, but very few shorts, let alone full-length features, take the big chance of making their story about an alien with nary a human in sight.
And whether you fall for this short or not, what it shows you is how now, really, the only limits to creating stories about alien civilizations and centering on alien characters are risk-averse executives.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
Follow Heat Vision
- R&B Star Estelle on Industry Pressure: 'I'm No More Grace Jones Than I Am Norah Jones'
- 60-Year-Old Given Chance To Live Out His Dreams Completely Owns The Stage
- No Cameras Allowed: How Sneaking Into Coachella Led to Career as One of the Most Desired Photographers in Music
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Rips Off His Shirt In Europe's Strongest Man Competition
- Zoe Saldana Can't Do the Ice Bucket Challenge Because of Her Pregnancy, So Hubby Marco Perego Steps In (Video)
- Dita Von Teese on Body Insecurities: I Replace Negative Thoughts & Never Point Out 'Flaws'
- Diane Kruger's Hot Pink Sneakers Capture Our Attention!
- Alexander Ludwig 'Stands Tall' for JJ Spotlight! (Behind the Scenes Photos)