'Scott Pilgrim' Creator Covers Image's 'The Wicked + The Divine'
Bryan Lee O'Malley will provide a variant cover for the first issue of the series already gaining critical praise from all corners.
Image Comics’ The Wicked + The Divine launches next month, a new series from the fan-favorite Young Avengers creative team of Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie. If that’s not enough to get your attention on its own, the publisher Thursday revealed an alternate cover for the series’ first issue by Scott Pilgrim creator Bryan Lee O’Malley.
The new series, which centers around reincarnated deities being worshipped as pop stars in contemporary Britain, has received almost unanimous praise from comic creators and critics alike ahead of its release; Sex Criminals writer Matt Fraction called it “better than Watchmen,” while Sin Titulo creator Cameron Stewart called it “a gorgeous book by a comics superteam.”
O’Malley’s cover for the series’ first issue follows his variant cover for the first issue of Gillen and McKelvie’s previous collaboration, Marvel’s Young Avengers, and can be pre-ordered at comic retailers using the code FEB148314. Regular editions of the issue will feature one of two covers drawn by McKelvie with colors by Matt Wilson.
The Wicked + The Divine will be released digitally and in comic stores on June 18. O’Malley’s follow-up to the Scott Pilgrim series, Seconds, is set for release later this year.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!