Sean Penn's Daughter to Star in Horror Movie 'Condemned'
Eli Morgan Gesner, a professional skateboarder turned clothing designer, wrote the script and is directing the film.
Dylan Penn, the daughter of Sean Penn and Robin Wright, will make her acting debut by starring in Condemned, a horror film written and directed by Eli Morgan Gesner, the professional skateboarder turned clothing designer.
Caliber Media partners Dallas Sonnier and Jack Heller arranged the financing and are producing alongside Jason Sokoloff.
Penn, who at 22 has a thriving modeling career with shoots for GQ, Elle and the Gap, will play the lead role as the youngest member of a group of kids who live in a condemned, filthy squat on Manhattan’s Lower East Side. After an infection originating from their own waste hits the building’s residents, the people inside lose their minds and go on murderous rampages.
Delicatessen, Evil Dead 2 and After Hours have been cited as touchstones.
The producers are planning a New York shoot in April.
Gesner made his mark in the fashion world as a clothing designer for Russell Simmons’ Phat Farm who then created his own label, Zoo York, with Rodney Smith and Adam Schatz. He was also a consultant on and inspiration for HBO’s How to Make It in America and is involved in New York’s art scene.
Caliber is coming off of Bad Milo, a horror comedy starring Ken Marino and is in post on several projects, among them a comic book adaptation titled The Scribbler, starring Arrow actress Katie Cassidy.
Penn is repped by Anonymous Content, and Gesner is repped by UTA and manager Schatz.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project