See the Origin of the Justice League's Evil Superman (Exclusive Preview)
Next week's "Justice League" #24 reveals the origin of Ultraman, the evil Superman from Earth 3 -- and here's an exclusive peek at the opening pages.
We've seen the final days of Superman's Krypton many times before -- but what about the doomed home planet of Ultraman, the alternate-universe evil Superman from DC Entertainment's Forever Evil event? Our exclusive preview of next week's Justice League #24 reveals all.
The issue, by Geoff Johns, Ivan Reis and Joe Prado, gives readers some background into the leader of the Crime Syndicate, the parallel Justice League from Earth 3 that turned up at the end of the "Trinity War" storyline and immediately set about taking over the world. What is he really doing on Earth -- and does his origin offer clues to how he can be stopped? (Spoilers: Kryptonite isn't going to be any use; that just makes him stronger.)
As you can see from the preview below -- which also includes a variant cover from upcoming Action Comics artist Aaron Kuder -- Ultraman's evil upbringing got started surprisingly early … and creates another mystery: Who is responsible for the destruction of evil Krypton?
Justice League #24 will be released in comic stores and digitally on October 23.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Cameron Diaz & Benji Madden Enjoy Romantic Seaside Getaway in Italy - See the Pics!
- Obsessed with Beyonce's 'Crazy in Love' From 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer? Boots Explains Reworking the Song with Bey!
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson & Irina Shayk Crush Into Hollywood with 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Game of Thrones' Kit Harington & Rose Leslie Keep Close at LAX