'Shameless' Actor Nabs Starring Role in DreamWorks' 'Glimmer'
The found footage sci-fi project is looking to begin shooting this summer in Pittsburgh.
Shameless star Jeremy Allen White will star in Glimmer, DreamWorks’ found-footage time-travel project being directed by Ringan Ledwidge.
Mark Sourian and Adam Kolbrenner are producing the movie, which is competing with a similar-themed Paramount project being produced by Michael Bay titled Almanac.
Glimmer, written by Carter Blanchard and Josh Schwartz, revolves around a group of teenagers that takes a camping trip to investigate a series of missing persons. The teens end up discovering a portal that takes them back in time and traps them during the 1970s.
White will play the lead boy, haunted by the disappearance of his brother.
A summer start in Pittsburgh is being planned for the production, which is budgeted in the $15 million range.
White has co-starred in the acclaimed Showtime dramedy Shameless for three seasons; while he’s made appearances in various indies, Glimmer would be his biggest film to date.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!