'Shameless' Actor Nabs Starring Role in DreamWorks' 'Glimmer'
The found footage sci-fi project is looking to begin shooting this summer in Pittsburgh.
Shameless star Jeremy Allen White will star in Glimmer, DreamWorks’ found-footage time-travel project being directed by Ringan Ledwidge.
Mark Sourian and Adam Kolbrenner are producing the movie, which is competing with a similar-themed Paramount project being produced by Michael Bay titled Almanac.
Glimmer, written by Carter Blanchard and Josh Schwartz, revolves around a group of teenagers that takes a camping trip to investigate a series of missing persons. The teens end up discovering a portal that takes them back in time and traps them during the 1970s.
White will play the lead boy, haunted by the disappearance of his brother.
A summer start in Pittsburgh is being planned for the production, which is budgeted in the $15 million range.
White has co-starred in the acclaimed Showtime dramedy Shameless for three seasons; while he’s made appearances in various indies, Glimmer would be his biggest film to date.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag