'Shameless' Actor Nabs Starring Role in DreamWorks' 'Glimmer'
The found footage sci-fi project is looking to begin shooting this summer in Pittsburgh.
Shameless star Jeremy Allen White will star in Glimmer, DreamWorks’ found-footage time-travel project being directed by Ringan Ledwidge.
Mark Sourian and Adam Kolbrenner are producing the movie, which is competing with a similar-themed Paramount project being produced by Michael Bay titled Almanac.
Glimmer, written by Carter Blanchard and Josh Schwartz, revolves around a group of teenagers that takes a camping trip to investigate a series of missing persons. The teens end up discovering a portal that takes them back in time and traps them during the 1970s.
White will play the lead boy, haunted by the disappearance of his brother.
A summer start in Pittsburgh is being planned for the production, which is budgeted in the $15 million range.
White has co-starred in the acclaimed Showtime dramedy Shameless for three seasons; while he’s made appearances in various indies, Glimmer would be his biggest film to date.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki And 2 Congressmen Plan Protest Of 'The Death of Klinghoffer' At Metropolitan Opera
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized