'Shameless' Actor Nabs Starring Role in DreamWorks' 'Glimmer'
The found footage sci-fi project is looking to begin shooting this summer in Pittsburgh.
Shameless star Jeremy Allen White will star in Glimmer, DreamWorks’ found-footage time-travel project being directed by Ringan Ledwidge.
Mark Sourian and Adam Kolbrenner are producing the movie, which is competing with a similar-themed Paramount project being produced by Michael Bay titled Almanac.
Glimmer, written by Carter Blanchard and Josh Schwartz, revolves around a group of teenagers that takes a camping trip to investigate a series of missing persons. The teens end up discovering a portal that takes them back in time and traps them during the 1970s.
White will play the lead boy, haunted by the disappearance of his brother.
A summer start in Pittsburgh is being planned for the production, which is budgeted in the $15 million range.
White has co-starred in the acclaimed Showtime dramedy Shameless for three seasons; while he’s made appearances in various indies, Glimmer would be his biggest film to date.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chloe Moretz Talks Boys & Fashion for 'Flare' September 2014
- The New 'Maze Runner' Trailer Is Out & It's Every Bit As Awesome As You Thought It Would Be
- It's Another Royal Photo Bomb! Prince Harry is Totally Psyched in the Background of a Selfie
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Joins Hubby Nick Swisher at 'Mission Swisher' Scavenger Hunt! (Exclusive Pics)