'Shameless' Actor Nabs Starring Role in DreamWorks' 'Glimmer'
The found footage sci-fi project is looking to begin shooting this summer in Pittsburgh.
Shameless star Jeremy Allen White will star in Glimmer, DreamWorks’ found-footage time-travel project being directed by Ringan Ledwidge.
Mark Sourian and Adam Kolbrenner are producing the movie, which is competing with a similar-themed Paramount project being produced by Michael Bay titled Almanac.
Glimmer, written by Carter Blanchard and Josh Schwartz, revolves around a group of teenagers that takes a camping trip to investigate a series of missing persons. The teens end up discovering a portal that takes them back in time and traps them during the 1970s.
White will play the lead boy, haunted by the disappearance of his brother.
A summer start in Pittsburgh is being planned for the production, which is budgeted in the $15 million range.
White has co-starred in the acclaimed Showtime dramedy Shameless for three seasons; while he’s made appearances in various indies, Glimmer would be his biggest film to date.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR