'Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows' Second Trailer Debuts (Video)
Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law return for Guy Ritchie’s sequel.
Trains, explosions, a couple slow-motion bullets whizzing through a snow-covered forest — this is what viewers can expect from the upcoming Warner Bros. film Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law return as Mr. Holmes and Watson, while Rachel McAdams will reprise her role as Irene Adler.
This installment will see the detectives up against James Moriarty (Jared Harris), called “the most formidably criminal mind in Europe.” A new female face will also join the cast -- Noomi Rapace, who played Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo films. She’ll play a mysterious gypsy woman.
The second trailer for the film focuses much more on the action rather than the signature banter between Downey and Law. Only one scene right at the end really showcases their back-and-forth wit. Most of the trailer involves brawls, explosions and chase scenes.
This trailer actually doesn’t show much more than was featured in the first trailer released in July. In both, viewers get a good look at Downey in drag, as it appears to be one of Holmes’ disguises used during the “most important case” of his career.
Guy Ritchie’s sequel to his 2009 film, Sherlock Holmes, is set to open in theaters on Dec. 16.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign