June 28, 2011 5:03pm PT by THR staff
Shia LaBeouf: 5 Things You Didn't Know
The movie also stars Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson and franchise newcomer Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, who replaced Megan Fox.
Here are five things to know about LaBeouf:
1. He got his start on Disney Channel. Now that LaBeouf has become a successful movie actor, it might be easy to forget that his big break came on Disney Channel's series Even Stevens. LaBeouf starred as the immature, rude, selfish youngest child of the Stevens clan. The role earned him a Daytime Emmy.
2. He appeared in the second season of Project Greenlight on HBO. LaBeouf starred in The Battle of Shaker Heights, the film at the center of the amateur-making-movies reality show written by Erica Beeney and directed by Kyle Rankin and Efram Potelle. The season, which in summer 2003, detailed the production of the movie in Los Angeles. Shaker Heights -- which also starred Amy Smart, Elden Henson and William Sadler -- opened Aug. 4, 2003 but failed to make an impact at the box office.
3. He has three tattoos. LaBeouf has ink of the dates 1986-2004 on his wrist, a dog paw on his upper left arm and a hand with a shackle on it on his left upper side torso. Of the dates tattoo on his wrist, LaBeouf told MoviesOnline: "A lot of people who have been working a lot of their life, I've been doing this for 10 years, a lot of people say, 'Oh, I forgot my childhood or I miss my childhood.' ... So that's just precautionary."
4. Jodie Foster is one of his acting role models. "That model is perfect. Look at the diversity in her performances," he told the Christian Science Monitor. "I think I want to do more comedy than she did, but she's the epitome, career-wise. John Turturro is another actor whose tonal range is something that I [want to] emulate."
5. He's run a marathon. LaBeouf completed the 26.2-mile 2010 L.A. Marathon with a time of four hours and 35 minutes, placing No. 5825 out of nearly 25,000 runners, according to the Huffington Post.