Shooting Underway for Eli Roth's Horror Movie 'Clown' (Exclusive)
Peter Stormare and Laura Allen are joining Andy Powers in the Roth-produced low-budget pic which is shooting in Ottawa, Canada.
Eli Roth is making sure you find clowns scary, enlisting Peter Stormare and Laura Allen in the killer-clown movie he is producing for Dimension.
Production has begun in Ottawa on Clown, a low-budget horror movie Roth is producing with Cody Ryder and Robert Menzies. Also producing is Mac Cappuccino of Vertebra Films, which is financing the picture.
Stormare and Allen are joining Andy Powers, who is starring as a father who dons a clown outfit for his son’s birthday when the clown-for-hire bails. He and his family soon discover that he not only can’t take it off but there’s a horrific curse behind it.
Allen will play the wife, and Stormare is an expert steeped in clown lore.
Jon Watts is directing a script he co-wrote with C.D. Ford.
Christian DiStefano, Elizabeth Whitmere and Matthew Stefiuk also are among the cast.
Stormare, repped by ICM Partners and the Collective, most recently appeared in Mel Gibson's Get the Gringo and with Guy Pearce in Lockout and next will be seen in The Last Stand with Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Allen, repped by Gersh and Impression Entertainment, was a regular on NBC's Awake and FX's Terriers.
Powers, repped by manager Scotty Kreindler, has appeared in such TV shows as Oz and ER.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!