Shout! Factory Unveils '30 Years in 3 Days' Transformers Online Event
Three day event to mix marathon of animated "Transformers" episodes with reports from the "BotCon" fan convention between June 20 and 22.
Hasbro’s Transformers franchise hits the three decade mark this year, and to celebrate, Shout! Factory — which holds home release rights to the many animated series based on the toyline — has announced a weekend of online programming including marathons of More Than Meets The Eye.
Titled “30 Years in 3 Days,” the online event — which runs from June 20 through June 22 — will coincide with this year’s “Botcon,” a Transformers fan convention taking place at the Pasadena Convention Center. Between episodes of various Transformers animated series, Shout! plans to stream segments shot at the show.
Although Shout! Factory hasn’t released a schedule for programming for the weekend, the company has the rights to every Transformers animated series from 1984 through 2013, including the original Transformers, as well as Transformers: Armada, Transformers: Cyberton, Transformers Prime and Transformers: Rescue Bots.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move