Sigourney Weaver Joins Neill Blomkamp's 'Chappie'
Production on the sci-fi movie is underway in South Africa.
Sigourney Weaver has joined the cast of Neill Blomkamp's newest sci-fi movie, Chappie, just as production gets underway in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Just like Blomkamp's last film, Elysium, Chappie is a partnership between Sony Pictures and Media Rights Capital.
Here is the logline, supplied by the companies: "After being kidnapped by two criminals during birth, Chappie becomes the adopted son in a strange and dysfunctional family. Chappie is preternaturally gifted, one of a kind, a prodigy. He also happens to be a robot."
Sharlto Copley is voicing Chappie, while the human cast includes Hugh Jackman, Dev Patel, Ninja and Yolandi Visser of South African rap duo Die Antwoord, Jose Pablo Cantillo and Brandon Auret.
Blomkamp wrote the screenplay with Terri Tatchell. He is producing the film with Simon Kinberg.
Hannah Minghella and Rachel O'Connor are overseeing Chappie for Sony; Brye Adler is doing the same for MRC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)