Sigourney Weaver Joins Neill Blomkamp's 'Chappie'
Production on the sci-fi movie is underway in South Africa.
Sigourney Weaver has joined the cast of Neill Blomkamp's newest sci-fi movie, Chappie, just as production gets underway in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Just like Blomkamp's last film, Elysium, Chappie is a partnership between Sony Pictures and Media Rights Capital.
Here is the logline, supplied by the companies: "After being kidnapped by two criminals during birth, Chappie becomes the adopted son in a strange and dysfunctional family. Chappie is preternaturally gifted, one of a kind, a prodigy. He also happens to be a robot."
Sharlto Copley is voicing Chappie, while the human cast includes Hugh Jackman, Dev Patel, Ninja and Yolandi Visser of South African rap duo Die Antwoord, Jose Pablo Cantillo and Brandon Auret.
Blomkamp wrote the screenplay with Terri Tatchell. He is producing the film with Simon Kinberg.
Hannah Minghella and Rachel O'Connor are overseeing Chappie for Sony; Brye Adler is doing the same for MRC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed