Open Road Picks Up 'Silent Hill: Revelation 3D,' Schedules Halloween Release
The sequel marks an onscreen reunion for former "Game of Thrones" co-stars Sean Bean and Kit Harington.
Open Road Film has picked up all U.S. distribution rights to Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, a sequel to the 2006 adaptation of a Konami video game.
Open Road has scheduled the film for an Oct. 26 release, hoping to catch the Halloween crowd. The move set the film to open a week after Paramount releases Paranormal Activity 4.
The 2006 film, released by Sony’s TriStar Pictures label, made $97.6 million worldwide.
The new movie reunites original cast members Sean Bean, Deborah Kara Unger and Radha Mitchell. New to the cast are up-and-comers Adelaide Clemens (X-Men: First Class) and Kit Harington (Game of Thrones). Michael J. Bassett (Solomon Kane) directs.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR