Open Road Picks Up 'Silent Hill: Revelation 3D,' Schedules Halloween Release
The sequel marks an onscreen reunion for former "Game of Thrones" co-stars Sean Bean and Kit Harington.
Open Road Film has picked up all U.S. distribution rights to Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, a sequel to the 2006 adaptation of a Konami video game.
Open Road has scheduled the film for an Oct. 26 release, hoping to catch the Halloween crowd. The move set the film to open a week after Paramount releases Paranormal Activity 4.
The 2006 film, released by Sony’s TriStar Pictures label, made $97.6 million worldwide.
The new movie reunites original cast members Sean Bean, Deborah Kara Unger and Radha Mitchell. New to the cast are up-and-comers Adelaide Clemens (X-Men: First Class) and Kit Harington (Game of Thrones). Michael J. Bassett (Solomon Kane) directs.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Channing Tatum Joins Rapper Biz Markie For 'Just a Friend' Performance During Comic-Con Panel - Watch Now!
- Salma Hayek Teases Us By Saying She Barely Wears Anything in 'Everly'
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami