The 'Simpsons' Visit Middle-Earth in Their New Intro (Video)
"The Simpsons" recreates Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie with its opening credits for next Sunday's episode.
Having Guillermo del Toro direct the intro for this year's "Treehouse of Horror" episode wasn't enough for The Simpsons -- this Sunday's episode will see Fox's favorite animated family visit Middle-earth in the opening credits.
In what is titled "The Couch Gag: Part 1 of 6" -- although whether or not it'll actually last six episodes between this weekend and the opening of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug seems somewhat unlikely -- the intro features references to Peter Jackson's first Hobbit feature as the family (Marge is Gandalf, fittingly) venture forth from the Shire to find the fabled couch.
The intro accompanies the episode "4 Regrettings and a Funeral," which airs Sunday, Nov. 3.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David