The 'Simpsons' Visit Middle-Earth in Their New Intro (Video)
"The Simpsons" recreates Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie with its opening credits for next Sunday's episode.
Having Guillermo del Toro direct the intro for this year's "Treehouse of Horror" episode wasn't enough for The Simpsons -- this Sunday's episode will see Fox's favorite animated family visit Middle-earth in the opening credits.
In what is titled "The Couch Gag: Part 1 of 6" -- although whether or not it'll actually last six episodes between this weekend and the opening of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug seems somewhat unlikely -- the intro features references to Peter Jackson's first Hobbit feature as the family (Marge is Gandalf, fittingly) venture forth from the Shire to find the fabled couch.
The intro accompanies the episode "4 Regrettings and a Funeral," which airs Sunday, Nov. 3.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014