'Sin City 2' Adds Jaime King and Jamie Chung (Exclusive)
The actresses have joined a cast including Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba and Rosario Dawson in Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's sequel, which began shooting Monday.
Jaime King and Jamie Chung have boarded Sin City 2, which began shooting on Monday in Austin.
Robert Rodriguez is directing the movie with Frank Miller, the comic book icon who created the Sin City comics that were published by Dark Horse in the 1990s. Rodriguez and Miller teamed up for the stylish 2005 hit adaptation.
Rodriguez and Miller wrote the script for the new movie, which is a combination of comics storylines and a new one written specifically by Miller for the movie. One of the storylines being adapted is A Dame to Kill For, originally published in 1993 and featuring a man named Dwight entangled in a complicated and deadly relationship with a femme fatale named Ava.
Many of the original castmembers are returning for the sequel, including Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba and Rosario Dawson. (Rourke’s character Marv was killed by electrocution in the first movie but the Dame’s story takes place before and after that film’s events.)
King played the golden-haired prostitute Goldie in the first movie and returns to play her twin sister, Wendy.
Chung is stepping into the heels worn in the first movie by Devon Aoki, the katana-wielding, roller-skating assassin Miho. The character plays a key role in helping Dwight locate the double-dealing Ava.
Rodriguez barely wrapped Machete Kills before jumping into Sin City 2 and is shooting on his soundstages in his native Austin. But while the movie may be underway, casting for major parts is still underway. Ava’s part, originally written for Angelina Jolie, is still unfilled.
And the part of Dwight remains a question mark. The character was played by Clive Owen in the first movie and sources say Owen is understood to be returning. But the character undergoes facial surgery and appears as a new man, thus the need for a new top-flight actor to play the reconstructed character.
Also still uncast is a newly created character named Johnny, a smooth gambler.
King currently stars as the conniving and social-status seeking Lemon Breeland in CW’s Hart of Dixie. She has the horror movie Silent Night, with Malcolm McDowell and Donal Logue, in the can. She is repped by Gersh and Myman Greenspan.
Chung played Ed Helms’ fiancée in The Hangover Part II and returns for Part III. She appears in RZA’s The Man with the Iron Fists, which opens Friday, and recently did a stint as Mulan in ABC’s One Upon a Time. She is repped by Gersh, 3 Arts Entertainment and Morris Yorn.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws