'Sinister 2' Moving Ahead With 'Citadel' Director
Jason Blum's Blumhouse is set to produce and eOne will finance the movie, which will shoot July.
Ciaran Foy, the director behind Citadel, has been tapped to direct Sinister 2, the sequel to the micro-budget horror hit from Blumhouse and Entertainment One.
Scott Derrickson, the director of the original, made the announcement Thursday on Twitter. Derrickson is writing the script with C. Robert Cargill (the duo also wrote the original).
Ciaran has directed several genre shorts and made his feature debut with Citadel, a thriller about an agoraphobic father and a priest who try to protect the man's daughter from feral teens. It won the Midnighter Audience Award at the 2012 SXSW Film Festival.
He is repped by UTA and Independent in UK.
Jason Blum's Blumhouse is producing Sinister 2 with Derrickson. Executive producing are Brian Kavanaugh-Jones and Charles Layton, as well as Xavier Marchand and Patrice Theroux of eOne.
EOne will finance the movie, which will shoot July.
Blumhouse International is handling foreign sales. BHI has a worldwide distribution and servicing deal with IM Global.
Sinister, released in October 2012, starred Ethan Hawke and was one of the year's most profitable movies: It grossed over $87 million worldwide on a $3 million budget.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Bachelorette' Runner Up Confronts Andi Dorfman About Their Intimate Night & It Got Awkward
- Hawaii Five-0's Scott Caan & Girlfriend Kacy Byxbee Welcome Baby Girl Josie!
- Ariana Grande Reveals She's Fallen Out of Touch With her Father in 'Seventeen'
- Kellan Lutz Gets Cozy With Mystery Brunette at Dave & Buster's