'Skyfall' Poster Recalls James Bond's History (Photo)
The film, which helps mark the 50th anniversary of the 007 franchise, harkens back to the gunshot aesthetic of the series.
James Bond may have a new director, but the secret agent franchise isn't abandoning what works.
The first poster for Skyfall, Daniel Craig's third turn as Bond and Sam Mendes' first effort directing the tuxedoed agent, has hit the web, and it's an instant classic -- if only because it looks like the classic title sequence aesthetic.
Though Craig is the only one featured on the poster -- would Bond have it any other way? -- the movie is loaded with stars. Javier Bardem features as the main antagonist, Judi Dench is back as M, Ralph Fiennes plays a UK government official, Ben Whishaw is Q, while Berenice Marlohe and Noamie Harris take on dueling Bond Girls -- the former a baddie, the latter another agent.
Skyfall hits theaters in late October.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'