Slipknot's Shawn 'Clown' Crahan to Direct 'Officer Downe'
The pic is based on the graphic novel created by Joe Casey and artist Chris Burnham.
Officer Downe, the graphic novel created by Joe Casey and artist Chris Burnham, is making its way to the big screen.
Slipknot's Shawn "Clown" Crahan will direct the project, which is based on a script by Casey.
Officer Downe follows a Los Angeles cop who is often killed in the line of duty but is telekinetically resurrected by his superiors and sent back onto the streets.
Casey and his Man of Action Studios will produce, along with Skip Williamson (Underworld, Crank) and Mark Neveldine, who directed Crank and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. Cory Brennan, who is the manager of Slipknot, will executive produce.
Crahan will make his directorial debut with Officer Downe. He's best known as the founder of rock band Slipknot, and has directed several of the group's music videos.
Casey, a founding partner of Man of Action, previously created the Eisner Award-nominated cosmic superhero epic Gødland. He's worked on countless comic superheroes of the past, from X-Men to the Fantastic Four. In 2013, he launched two new titles on the Man of Action imprint at Image Comics: Sex and The Bounce.
UTA reps the project. Casey and Man of Action are repped by Scott Agostoni. Crahan is repped by CAA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR