'Smallville' Star Tom Welling Moves from CAA to WME (Exclusive)
As Tom Welling, the actor who played Clark Kent/Superman on the CW's Smallville, looks beyond the recently-concluded show, his first move is to switch representation.
Welling has signed with WME; he had been with CAA.
Smallville, which ran from 2001 to 2011, starred Welling as a young, super-powered Kent. The series began on the WB before switching to the CW when the channel merged with UPN. It is the longest-running comic book-based series in TV history, with Welling rising to executive producer on the show. He also directed episodes as well.
Welling was focused on the show but did veer off on several feature film tangents, appearing in 2003’s Cheaper by the Dozen and the 2005 sequel.
He was also an exec producer on the short-lived CW series Hellcats.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR