'Smallville' Star Tom Welling Moves from CAA to WME (Exclusive)
As Tom Welling, the actor who played Clark Kent/Superman on the CW's Smallville, looks beyond the recently-concluded show, his first move is to switch representation.
Welling has signed with WME; he had been with CAA.
Smallville, which ran from 2001 to 2011, starred Welling as a young, super-powered Kent. The series began on the WB before switching to the CW when the channel merged with UPN. It is the longest-running comic book-based series in TV history, with Welling rising to executive producer on the show. He also directed episodes as well.
Welling was focused on the show but did veer off on several feature film tangents, appearing in 2003’s Cheaper by the Dozen and the 2005 sequel.
He was also an exec producer on the short-lived CW series Hellcats.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Weird Al Conquers Billboard Charts After Conquering the Internet
- Dear White People Trailer Nails Everything From Hair Touching to Taylor Swift
- It’s Sansa vs. Sansa in the Trailer for Sophie Turner’s New Movie
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg