Brendan Gleeson, J.B. Smoove Join 'Smurfs' Sequel
They join Christina Ricci in the followup to the 2011 film.
Brendan Gleeson and J.B. Smoove have joined The Smurfs sequel.
The two actors are among the new faces in the followup to the 2011 film that starred Neil Patrick Harris and Jayma Mays. They join Christina Ricci, which The Hollywood Reporter first reported Wednesday.
Gleeson joins the cast as Patrick Winslow's stepfather Victor Doyle, while Smoove will voice the new character, Hackus, who is described as "naughty."
Last year's CG/live-action hybrid, directed by Raja Gosnell, grossed $564 million worldwide. Gosnell will return to helm the second film. Producer Jordan Kerner and executive producer Ezra Swerdlow will also be back.
Cast members that are returning for the sequel include Harris, Mays, Sofia Vergara, Hank Azaria, Katy Perry, Jonathan Winters, Alan Cumming, Fred Armisen, George Lopez, Anton Yelchin and John Oliver.
Production has begun on the Sony Pictures Animation sequel.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet