'Snow White and the Huntsman' Writer Tapped for 'G.I. Joe 3' (Exclusive)
Jon Chu returns to direct the third installment in the action franchise.
It’s Go Joe time for Evan Daugherty.
The writer who wrote Snow White and the Huntsman as a spec has nabbed the coveted gig of penning the third installment of Paramount and Hasbro’s G.I. Joe franchise.
Jon M. Chu, who helmed G.I. Joe: Retaliation, is already signed on to return to the director’s chair.
Details of Daugherty’s take were not revealed.
The Joe movies have not been warmly received critically but have proven to be moneymakers for Paramount. Retaliation, released earlier this year, grossed $371 million worldwide. 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra made $302 million.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing.
Daugherty already has a history with Paramount, having been called in for, and impressing execs with, a last-minute rewrite on Ninja Turtles, the studio’s new big-screen take on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that is currently in production with Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes producing.
He also co-wrote Summit’s much-anticipated adaptation of the Veronica Roth YA novel Divergent, starring Shailene Woodley.
Daughterty is repped by UTA, Benderspink and McKuin Frankel.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR