'Snow White and the Huntsman' Writer Tapped for 'G.I. Joe 3' (Exclusive)
Jon Chu returns to direct the third installment in the action franchise.
It’s Go Joe time for Evan Daugherty.
The writer who wrote Snow White and the Huntsman as a spec has nabbed the coveted gig of penning the third installment of Paramount and Hasbro’s G.I. Joe franchise.
Jon M. Chu, who helmed G.I. Joe: Retaliation, is already signed on to return to the director’s chair.
Details of Daugherty’s take were not revealed.
The Joe movies have not been warmly received critically but have proven to be moneymakers for Paramount. Retaliation, released earlier this year, grossed $371 million worldwide. 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra made $302 million.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing.
Daugherty already has a history with Paramount, having been called in for, and impressing execs with, a last-minute rewrite on Ninja Turtles, the studio’s new big-screen take on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that is currently in production with Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes producing.
He also co-wrote Summit’s much-anticipated adaptation of the Veronica Roth YA novel Divergent, starring Shailene Woodley.
Daughterty is repped by UTA, Benderspink and McKuin Frankel.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Beyonce Shares Happy Family Photo with Jay Z & Blue Ivy Amid Rumors of Marriage Issues
- Jessica Chastain Begs Colin Farrell to Seduce Her in First 'Miss Julie' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Actress Carrie Preston to Reprise Her Fan Favorite Role on 'Good Wife'
- Cheryl Cole & New Husband Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini Match in Black at Wedding Party