'Snow White and the Huntsman' Writer Tapped for 'G.I. Joe 3' (Exclusive)
Jon Chu returns to direct the third installment in the action franchise.
It’s Go Joe time for Evan Daugherty.
The writer who wrote Snow White and the Huntsman as a spec has nabbed the coveted gig of penning the third installment of Paramount and Hasbro’s G.I. Joe franchise.
Jon M. Chu, who helmed G.I. Joe: Retaliation, is already signed on to return to the director’s chair.
Details of Daugherty’s take were not revealed.
The Joe movies have not been warmly received critically but have proven to be moneymakers for Paramount. Retaliation, released earlier this year, grossed $371 million worldwide. 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra made $302 million.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing.
Daugherty already has a history with Paramount, having been called in for, and impressing execs with, a last-minute rewrite on Ninja Turtles, the studio’s new big-screen take on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that is currently in production with Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes producing.
He also co-wrote Summit’s much-anticipated adaptation of the Veronica Roth YA novel Divergent, starring Shailene Woodley.
Daughterty is repped by UTA, Benderspink and McKuin Frankel.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Music and Sweets: A Perfect Combo for a Late Night Bakery
- A Labor Day Documentary: 'Brothers on the Line' Tells the Story of the Reuther Brothers -- Founding Fathers of the American Middle Class
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leak Online, Other Celebs Targeted
- Todd English Arrested, Charged With DWI
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Fly Out of Venice After Attending Film Festival Together
- Jenny McCarthy's Wedding Dress Revealed! See Photos of Her & Donnie Wahlberg At Their Wedding
- Lance Bass Proposes to Fiance Michael Turchin For a Second Time - See His New Ring!
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Are Married!