'Social Network' Actor Armie Hammer Eyes Title Role in 'Lone Ranger'
The actor, who played the Winklevoss twins in the Oscar-winning movie, would star opposite Johnny Depp in the Gore Verbinski-directed film.
Armie Hammer, who portrayed the Winklevoss twins in the Oscar-winning The Social Network, is in talks to play the title character of Disney's The Lone Ranger.
No dealmaking has begun, but Hammer has met with director Gore Verbinski for the role. If all goes well, Hammer would star opposite Johnny Depp, who is playing the Lone Ranger's partner, Tonto.
Jerry Bruckheimer is producing the movie, which has been looking for a star to play the Western hero. Ryan Gosling is one of the actors who had circled the project in recent weeks.
Hammer, repped by WME, has had quite the ride since Social Network's awards circuit. He booked a role in J. Edgar, Clint Eastwood's biopic of notorious FBI head J. Edgar Hoover, and recently nabbed the role of the prince in Relativity's take on the Snow White fairy tale, The Brothers Grimm: Snow White. Lone Ranger would be his biggest role yet.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR