Sonny Chiba Cuts Four-Picture Deal With Assembly Line (Exclusive)
The 72-year-old martial arts master will first star in the action drama "Bushido."
Iconic Japanese martial arts master Sonny Chiba has signed a four-picture deal with Assembly Line. The 72-year-old actor-director will kick off the pact by co-starring with Tony Todd in the action drama Bushido.
Based on an original story from Chiba, Bushido follows a band of Buffalo Soldiers and Japanese samurai serving together in the American Civil War. Assembly Line partners Neal Fischer, Destin Pfaff, Kern Saxton and Suren M. Seron will produce. Three more action projects will follow.
“This first project falls right up the alley of why Assembly Line was assembled, to create high quality films in a variety of genres," said the Gersh-repped Pfaff (Millionaire Matchmaker). "We couldn't be happier to be partnering with a legend such as Sonny Chiba.”
Chiba and Assembly Line previously teamed on Sushi Girl, which was written by Pfaff and Saxton, who also directed. Todd, Chiba, Mark Hamill, Michael Biehn, Danny Trejo and Jeff Fahey star in the thriller.
Assembly Line is also developing Catalytic, Todd's directorial debut about a magician's road trip on the eve of a supernatural apocalypse.
Chiba has been making movies, including Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill: Vol. 1 and Executioner, for 50 years.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Rita Ora and Calvin Harris: Working Together After a Breakup?
- From College To The Bright Lights Of Broadway: Meet 'Rock Of Ages' Leading Lady, Carrie St. Louis
- Blake Lively Pulls A Beyonce By Revealing Wedding Dress In Preserve Video
- Kristen Bell's Mary Poppins Takes On Minimum Wage With A Spoonful Of Sugar