Sony Debuts 'Endless Swing' Online to Promote 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Now you can be a friendly neighborhood web-slinger in this free online game designed to make the web of promotion for May's superhero sequel just a little bit more sticky.
As the by-now-numerous trailers for Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 have shown, Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker -- in a break from tradition -- really enjoys being Spider-Man. If that makes you a little jealous that you're not Spider-Man, well, there's a easy fix for that.
Endless Swing is a free video game available on the Amazing Spider-Man movie website in which the player guides the web-slinger around New York City while trying to collect giant floating spider icons -- think Sonic the Hedgehog, the author writes while dating himself badly -- before running out of web fluid and falling to an offscreen doom.
It's a simple enough game, accompanied by the soundtrack from the movie and Garfield dialogue, and another strand of an increasingly large web of online promotion for Marc Webb's second outing with Sony's premiere superhero franchise. With a little over two months left before the movie is released, the mind boggles trying to imagine what's next. Gwen Stacy as iTunes Radio DJ, perhaps? Harry Osborn live-tweeting the Oscars?
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Charli XCX's Sultry Backstreet Boys Cover Is The Ultimate #TBT
- Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Straw: 'Gone With The Wind's' Secret Curse History - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- ‘Serial' Fans Are Buzzing About Podcast Finale
- Brooke Shields: Hollywood Wasn't My Undoing, Loving My Alcoholic Mother Was - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- Bill Murray Will Sing 'Bare Necessities' in 'Jungle Book' Reboot!
- 'Team America: World Police' Showings Cancelled By Paramount After Sony Hack Threats
- Kim Kardashian Has Not Yet Commented About the Man Who Spent a Shocking Amount to Look Just Like Her
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shows Some Love for Her Daughter Willow's Friend