Sony Pictures Classics to Give 'Raid 2' Theatrical Release
Gareth Evans once again wrote and directed the Indonesian action movie.
On the eve of AFM, Sony Pictures Classics and Stage 6 Films have announced the companies will give a theatrical release to The Raid 2, the highly anticipated (by action fans) sequel to Gareth Evans’ bone-crunching Indonesian action movie The Raid: Redemption.
Raid 2 was once again written and directed by Evans and picks up right where the first film left off. It follows Rama (Iko Uwais) as he goes undercover and infiltrates the ranks of a ruthless Jakarta crime syndicate in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force.
The movie is currently in postproduction.
A teaser sequence was shown during a screening of a Midnight Madness movie at September's Toronto Film Festival, eliciting cheers from the crowd.
The new movie was produced by Ario Sagantoro for Merantau Films, and Aram Tertzakian and Nate Bolotin of XYZ Films.
The film was executive produced by Rangga Maya Barack-Evans for Merantau Films, Irwan D. Mussry, and Nick Spicer and Todd Brown of XYZ.
The first Raid was released in March 2012 by SPC after being a hit at TIFF 2011 and SXSW 2012.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram