Sony Pictures Classics to Give 'Raid 2' Theatrical Release
Gareth Evans once again wrote and directed the Indonesian action movie.
On the eve of AFM, Sony Pictures Classics and Stage 6 Films have announced the companies will give a theatrical release to The Raid 2, the highly anticipated (by action fans) sequel to Gareth Evans’ bone-crunching Indonesian action movie The Raid: Redemption.
Raid 2 was once again written and directed by Evans and picks up right where the first film left off. It follows Rama (Iko Uwais) as he goes undercover and infiltrates the ranks of a ruthless Jakarta crime syndicate in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force.
The movie is currently in postproduction.
A teaser sequence was shown during a screening of a Midnight Madness movie at September's Toronto Film Festival, eliciting cheers from the crowd.
The new movie was produced by Ario Sagantoro for Merantau Films, and Aram Tertzakian and Nate Bolotin of XYZ Films.
The film was executive produced by Rangga Maya Barack-Evans for Merantau Films, Irwan D. Mussry, and Nick Spicer and Todd Brown of XYZ.
The first Raid was released in March 2012 by SPC after being a hit at TIFF 2011 and SXSW 2012.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills