Sony Plunking Down $3 Million for 'White House Down' by James Vanderbilt
In one of the biggest spec sales in quite a while, Sony has made a $3 million deal to acquire White House Down, an action spec from James Vanderbilt.
Vanderbilt is a marquee scribe, with credits including Zodiac, several Spider-Man movies (including the upcoming franchise reboot) and Total Recall. He also just booked a rewrite gig on MGM’s Robocop remake. Still, the $3 million tag surprised many observers, especially considering there is no stars attached.
Vanderbilt also is attached to produce White House along with Bradley Fischer and Laeta Kalogridis, his partners at production shingle Mythology. Vanderbilt is repped by WME and McKuin Frankel.
White House Down is described as being tonally and thematically like Die Hard and Air Force One.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'