Sony Plunking Down $3 Million for 'White House Down' by James Vanderbilt
In one of the biggest spec sales in quite a while, Sony has made a $3 million deal to acquire White House Down, an action spec from James Vanderbilt.
Vanderbilt is a marquee scribe, with credits including Zodiac, several Spider-Man movies (including the upcoming franchise reboot) and Total Recall. He also just booked a rewrite gig on MGM’s Robocop remake. Still, the $3 million tag surprised many observers, especially considering there is no stars attached.
Vanderbilt also is attached to produce White House along with Bradley Fischer and Laeta Kalogridis, his partners at production shingle Mythology. Vanderbilt is repped by WME and McKuin Frankel.
White House Down is described as being tonally and thematically like Die Hard and Air Force One.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)