Sony Plunking Down $3 Million for 'White House Down' by James Vanderbilt
In one of the biggest spec sales in quite a while, Sony has made a $3 million deal to acquire White House Down, an action spec from James Vanderbilt.
Vanderbilt is a marquee scribe, with credits including Zodiac, several Spider-Man movies (including the upcoming franchise reboot) and Total Recall. He also just booked a rewrite gig on MGM’s Robocop remake. Still, the $3 million tag surprised many observers, especially considering there is no stars attached.
Vanderbilt also is attached to produce White House along with Bradley Fischer and Laeta Kalogridis, his partners at production shingle Mythology. Vanderbilt is repped by WME and McKuin Frankel.
White House Down is described as being tonally and thematically like Die Hard and Air Force One.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR