Sony Plunking Down $3 Million for 'White House Down' by James Vanderbilt
In one of the biggest spec sales in quite a while, Sony has made a $3 million deal to acquire White House Down, an action spec from James Vanderbilt.
Vanderbilt is a marquee scribe, with credits including Zodiac, several Spider-Man movies (including the upcoming franchise reboot) and Total Recall. He also just booked a rewrite gig on MGM’s Robocop remake. Still, the $3 million tag surprised many observers, especially considering there is no stars attached.
Vanderbilt also is attached to produce White House along with Bradley Fischer and Laeta Kalogridis, his partners at production shingle Mythology. Vanderbilt is repped by WME and McKuin Frankel.
White House Down is described as being tonally and thematically like Die Hard and Air Force One.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport