Sony Releases 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Description
Before the release of the first trailer for the 2014 superhero movie this Thursday, Sony has released a tease of what to expect from Marc Webb's web-slinging sequel.
Ahead of Thursday's release of the first trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Sony has released a new synopsis of the movie that hints at the underlying threat Peter Parker will have to face the second movie -- and beyond -- one bigger than even Electro and the Rhino combined.
"We’ve always known that Spider-Man’s most important battle has been within himself: the struggle between the ordinary obligations of Peter Parker and the extraordinary responsibilities of Spider-Man," the synopsis explains. "But in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker finds that a greater conflict lies ahead."
It continues, "It’s great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). For Peter Parker, there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp."
No mention is made of either Chris Cooper's Norman Osborn or Paul Giamatti's Rhino, suggesting that some thing are being kept up the movie's sleeve for a little while longer -- well, until fans see the theater display that leaked on the web over the weekend, featuring not only Electro, but also the Rhino and what appears to be a Green Goblin, even if it looks more like Harry than Norman in the role.
More will presumably be revealed in The Amazing Spider-Man 2's first trailer, released in a couple of days.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)