Sony's 'Goosebumps' Gets Release Date
Jack Black will star in the film based on R.L. Stine's book series.
Sony's Goosebumps will creep into theaters on March 23, 2016.
The film, starring Jack Black, is based on R.L. Stine's book series. Rob Letterman (Gulliver's Travels) is directing.
The project is produced by Neal H. Moritz through his Original Film banner and Deborah Forte of Scholastic Entertainment.
Stine published a total of 62 books in the horror/thriller children's book series, the first being Welcome to Dead House in 1992. The series, known for paying homage to classic sci-fi/horror movies such as Night of the Living Dead and Invasion of the Body Snatchers, ran through
1997. While considered a horror series, the books are peppered with humor in order to appeal to a young audience.
Sony picked up the rights to the series in May 2008.
Goosebumps currently has the March 23, 2016, weekend to itself.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014