Sony's 'Goosebumps' Gets Release Date
Jack Black will star in the film based on R.L. Stine's book series.
Sony's Goosebumps will creep into theaters on March 23, 2016.
The film, starring Jack Black, is based on R.L. Stine's book series. Rob Letterman (Gulliver's Travels) is directing.
The project is produced by Neal H. Moritz through his Original Film banner and Deborah Forte of Scholastic Entertainment.
Stine published a total of 62 books in the horror/thriller children's book series, the first being Welcome to Dead House in 1992. The series, known for paying homage to classic sci-fi/horror movies such as Night of the Living Dead and Invasion of the Body Snatchers, ran through
1997. While considered a horror series, the books are peppered with humor in order to appeal to a young audience.
Sony picked up the rights to the series in May 2008.
Goosebumps currently has the March 23, 2016, weekend to itself.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images