Sony's 'Goosebumps' Gets Release Date
Jack Black will star in the film based on R.L. Stine's book series.
Sony's Goosebumps will creep into theaters on March 23, 2016.
The film, starring Jack Black, is based on R.L. Stine's book series. Rob Letterman (Gulliver's Travels) is directing.
The project is produced by Neal H. Moritz through his Original Film banner and Deborah Forte of Scholastic Entertainment.
Stine published a total of 62 books in the horror/thriller children's book series, the first being Welcome to Dead House in 1992. The series, known for paying homage to classic sci-fi/horror movies such as Night of the Living Dead and Invasion of the Body Snatchers, ran through
1997. While considered a horror series, the books are peppered with humor in order to appeal to a young audience.
Sony picked up the rights to the series in May 2008.
Goosebumps currently has the March 23, 2016, weekend to itself.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story