Sony's 'Goosebumps' Gets Release Date
Jack Black will star in the film based on R.L. Stine's book series.
Sony's Goosebumps will creep into theaters on March 23, 2016.
The film, starring Jack Black, is based on R.L. Stine's book series. Rob Letterman (Gulliver's Travels) is directing.
The project is produced by Neal H. Moritz through his Original Film banner and Deborah Forte of Scholastic Entertainment.
Stine published a total of 62 books in the horror/thriller children's book series, the first being Welcome to Dead House in 1992. The series, known for paying homage to classic sci-fi/horror movies such as Night of the Living Dead and Invasion of the Body Snatchers, ran through
1997. While considered a horror series, the books are peppered with humor in order to appeal to a young audience.
Sony picked up the rights to the series in May 2008.
Goosebumps currently has the March 23, 2016, weekend to itself.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR