Sony's 'Goosebumps' Gets Release Date
Jack Black will star in the film based on R.L. Stine's book series.
Sony's Goosebumps will creep into theaters on March 23, 2016.
The film, starring Jack Black, is based on R.L. Stine's book series. Rob Letterman (Gulliver's Travels) is directing.
The project is produced by Neal H. Moritz through his Original Film banner and Deborah Forte of Scholastic Entertainment.
Stine published a total of 62 books in the horror/thriller children's book series, the first being Welcome to Dead House in 1992. The series, known for paying homage to classic sci-fi/horror movies such as Night of the Living Dead and Invasion of the Body Snatchers, ran through
1997. While considered a horror series, the books are peppered with humor in order to appeal to a young audience.
Sony picked up the rights to the series in May 2008.
Goosebumps currently has the March 23, 2016, weekend to itself.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Emily Ratajkowski Shows Off Her Long Legs at Golden Globes Award Season Celebration
- Michelle Monaghan & James Marsden Have a 'Best of Me' Reunion at Golden Globe Award Season Celebration
- Hilary Duff Reveals Why She Supports March of Dimes
- Nikki Reed Celebrates The Golden Globes With Amanda Crew & Gina Rodriguez