Sony's 'The Green Hornet' Tracking Early and Well
Directed by Michel Gondry and starring Seth Rogen, the action comedy is doing well among teen boys ahead of its January 14 opening.
The holidays aren’t even over and Sony’s superhero pic The Green Hornet is already showing up on tracking, scoring strong interest among teen boys. Young men follow.
Directed by Michel Gondry and starring Seth Rogen, Green Hornet opens nationwide Jan. 14. But January films don’t usually pop up on tracking until after Christmas films have cleared.
Sony insiders say that while the film is drawing support across the board, teen boys debuted with a 23 first choice and young men, 19. Those are high numbers, and usually associated with summer event titles, according to the studio. Of course, tracking is never a guarantee that sustained interest will translate to strong box office. A lot can change in the next three weeks.
That said, Sony says Green Hornet also is screening well.
See the trailer below:
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!