Sony's 'Smurfs' PSA Urges Kids to Enjoy Nature (Video)
The studio created the video message pro bono for the Discover the Forest campaign.
The U.S. Forest Service and the Ad Council are joining Sony Pictures Entertainment to launch a series of PSAs that feature characters and footage from the upcoming animated/live-action feature, The Smurfs 2.
“The Smurfs are classic characters adored by generations and they’re also inhabitants of the forest who know firsthand the many benefits the forest has to offer,” said Peggy Conlon, president and CEO of the Ad Council. “These new PSAs with Sony Pictures are a wonderful extension of our efforts to engage children and families in discovering the joys of nature.”
The endearing video messages were created pro bono by Sony Pictures for the Discover the Forest campaign, which is aimed at encouraging children and their parents to explore the outdoors.
The sequel to the 2011 family comedy will follow the heroic efforts of the Smurfs as they try to save Smurfette (Katy Perry) from the evil wizard Gargamel (Hank Azaria) and his psuedo-Smurf creations, the Naughties.
The Smurfs 2 stars Neil Patrick Harris, Alan Cumming and Mario Lopez, among others, and has a theatrical release date of July 31.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!