Sony's 'Smurfs' PSA Urges Kids to Enjoy Nature (Video)
The studio created the video message pro bono for the Discover the Forest campaign.
The U.S. Forest Service and the Ad Council are joining Sony Pictures Entertainment to launch a series of PSAs that feature characters and footage from the upcoming animated/live-action feature, The Smurfs 2.
“The Smurfs are classic characters adored by generations and they’re also inhabitants of the forest who know firsthand the many benefits the forest has to offer,” said Peggy Conlon, president and CEO of the Ad Council. “These new PSAs with Sony Pictures are a wonderful extension of our efforts to engage children and families in discovering the joys of nature.”
The endearing video messages were created pro bono by Sony Pictures for the Discover the Forest campaign, which is aimed at encouraging children and their parents to explore the outdoors.
The sequel to the 2011 family comedy will follow the heroic efforts of the Smurfs as they try to save Smurfette (Katy Perry) from the evil wizard Gargamel (Hank Azaria) and his psuedo-Smurf creations, the Naughties.
The Smurfs 2 stars Neil Patrick Harris, Alan Cumming and Mario Lopez, among others, and has a theatrical release date of July 31.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)