Sony's 'Smurfs' PSA Urges Kids to Enjoy Nature (Video)
The studio created the video message pro bono for the Discover the Forest campaign.
The U.S. Forest Service and the Ad Council are joining Sony Pictures Entertainment to launch a series of PSAs that feature characters and footage from the upcoming animated/live-action feature, The Smurfs 2.
“The Smurfs are classic characters adored by generations and they’re also inhabitants of the forest who know firsthand the many benefits the forest has to offer,” said Peggy Conlon, president and CEO of the Ad Council. “These new PSAs with Sony Pictures are a wonderful extension of our efforts to engage children and families in discovering the joys of nature.”
The endearing video messages were created pro bono by Sony Pictures for the Discover the Forest campaign, which is aimed at encouraging children and their parents to explore the outdoors.
The sequel to the 2011 family comedy will follow the heroic efforts of the Smurfs as they try to save Smurfette (Katy Perry) from the evil wizard Gargamel (Hank Azaria) and his psuedo-Smurf creations, the Naughties.
The Smurfs 2 stars Neil Patrick Harris, Alan Cumming and Mario Lopez, among others, and has a theatrical release date of July 31.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!