Sony's 'Smurfs' PSA Urges Kids to Enjoy Nature (Video)
The studio created the video message pro bono for the Discover the Forest campaign.
The U.S. Forest Service and the Ad Council are joining Sony Pictures Entertainment to launch a series of PSAs that feature characters and footage from the upcoming animated/live-action feature, The Smurfs 2.
“The Smurfs are classic characters adored by generations and they’re also inhabitants of the forest who know firsthand the many benefits the forest has to offer,” said Peggy Conlon, president and CEO of the Ad Council. “These new PSAs with Sony Pictures are a wonderful extension of our efforts to engage children and families in discovering the joys of nature.”
The endearing video messages were created pro bono by Sony Pictures for the Discover the Forest campaign, which is aimed at encouraging children and their parents to explore the outdoors.
The sequel to the 2011 family comedy will follow the heroic efforts of the Smurfs as they try to save Smurfette (Katy Perry) from the evil wizard Gargamel (Hank Azaria) and his psuedo-Smurf creations, the Naughties.
The Smurfs 2 stars Neil Patrick Harris, Alan Cumming and Mario Lopez, among others, and has a theatrical release date of July 31.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!