Stan Lee, Avi Arad Team for Secret Movie Project (Exclusive)
Lee, the co-creator of Spider-Man and the X-Men characters, will produce the project, which will feature a new creation.
Stan Lee, the co-creator of the X-Men, Spider-Man, Hulk and other Marvel characters, may be turning 91 in December, but shows no signs of slowing down.
Lee is teaming up with Avi Arad, the former Marvel Studios head who now produces movies such as The Amazing Spider-Man and its upcoming sequels, for a new big-screen project featuring a new Lee creation.
The title and plot details are being kept under wraps, as Arad tells The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision: "Some titles give away too much."
The project is set up at Columbia and will be produced by Arad, Arad Productions' Ari Arad, Lee and Lee's partner at POW! Entertainment, Gill Champion.
"At the ripe old age of 90, he can still put together magic," said Arad. "He’s as sharp as a Japanese cooking knife. His mind is as young as it used to be."
The project is still in the early stages and the producers will soon be meeting with writers to pen a screenplay.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- TV Review: For the Love of God, Watch The Americans Tonight
- Sundance Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce, and Kevin Corrigan Reinvent the Rom-Com in Andrew Bujalski’s Results
- Watch the Trailer for Amira & Sam, Featuring Paul Wesley in a Very Different Role
- 3-Sentence Reviews: White Columns, Philip Taaffe, and More
- Jennifer Connelly Is 'Aloft' at Sundance Film Festival
- Ewan McGregor Reflects on '90s London Life With Angelina Jolie
- Dianna Agron & Patrick Wilson Have a 'Zipper' Situation at Sundance Film Festival 2015
- Malin Akerman On 'I'll See You In My Dreams' Co-Star Blythe Danner: 'She's A Legend For A Reason'