Stan Lee, Avi Arad Team for Secret Movie Project (Exclusive)
Lee, the co-creator of Spider-Man and the X-Men characters, will produce the project, which will feature a new creation.
Stan Lee, the co-creator of the X-Men, Spider-Man, Hulk and other Marvel characters, may be turning 91 in December, but shows no signs of slowing down.
Lee is teaming up with Avi Arad, the former Marvel Studios head who now produces movies such as The Amazing Spider-Man and its upcoming sequels, for a new big-screen project featuring a new Lee creation.
The title and plot details are being kept under wraps, as Arad tells The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision: "Some titles give away too much."
The project is set up at Columbia and will be produced by Arad, Arad Productions' Ari Arad, Lee and Lee's partner at POW! Entertainment, Gill Champion.
"At the ripe old age of 90, he can still put together magic," said Arad. "He’s as sharp as a Japanese cooking knife. His mind is as young as it used to be."
The project is still in the early stages and the producers will soon be meeting with writers to pen a screenplay.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game