Stan Lee Confirms 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Cameo
Despite earlier denials that he'd make an appearance, the 91-year-old founding father of all things Marvel will indeed cameo in James Gunn's summer space opera.
You can rest assured, Stan Lee fans.
Despite earlier comments to the contrary, it turns out that the 91-year-old former editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics will make an appearance in this summer's Guardians of the Galaxy after all. He confirmed as much during this weekend's C2E2 convention — although he couldn't say much more about what to expect.
Telling the crowd during his panel on Sunday that he has filmed his cameo appearance for the movie, he joked "now [Marvel Studios will] get mad at me," before trying to explain what he knew (or, really, didn't know) about the scene. "I can tell you that I don't understand what it was or why I did it," he said. "It was with a girl, a pretty girl. But you'll get a kick out of it."
His appearance may have involved the co-creator of Spider-Man, Hulk and the Avengers shaving his trademark mustache. Responding to a question about his clean-shaven appearance at the show, Lee said that "somebody decided they wanted to do a hologram — oh, I can't talk about that," adding that it was for "something before the camera."
Lee, who was named one of Forbes magazine's "most influential celebrities" of the year in January, had previously said that he wouldn't make an appearance in James Gunn's adaptation of Marvel's space superhero series because he had neither created nor written the characters. "I'm not even sure who they all are," he said at the time.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'