'Star Trek' Sequel Nabs 'War Horse' Actor Benedict Cumberbatch
The star of the BBC’s “Sherlock” will likely play the main villain in J.J. Abrams' film for Paramount.
Benedict Cumberbatch, who can currently be seen in theaters in Steven Spielberg’s War Horse, has nabbed a major role in J.J. Abrams’ upcoming Star Trek sequel for Paramount.
Although sources would not comment on the character and Abrams keeping story details close to the vest, it is believed that Cumberbatch will play the movie’s villain.
The cast of the 2009 Trek movie (including Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana and Zachary Quinto) is returning for the sequel, which will be shot in 3D and released by Paramount. The script is written by Abrams, Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.
Cumberbatch is clearly having a moment. The actor, who stars as Sherlock Holmes in BBC’s Sherlock, is also on screens with Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and is voicing the characters of Smaug the dragon and the Nercomancer in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera