'Star Trek Into Darkness' Mocked in Parody Trailer (Video)
Honest Trailers and How It Should Have Ended team up to gripe about J.J. Abrams' summer blockbuster.
Some Trekkies feel Star Trek Into Darkness fails to go where no one has gone before -- and the Honest Trailers team agrees.
The latest in the series of trailer parodies juxtaposes scenes from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, J.J. Abrams' 2009 Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness, showing the similarities between all three.
"Ride once again with James T. Kirk, the galaxy's worst Starfleet captain," the narrator says, before enumerating Kirk's (Chris Pine) sins, including firing Scotty (Simon Pegg) out of spite and desecrating an alien civilization's gods. It also points out that Khan (Benedict Cumberbatch) is actually sort of justified in his mission and even has the decency not to kill Spock when he could have.
The Honest Trailers guys teamed up for the first time with How It Should Have Ended to animate a 60-second clip imagining what the sequel might be like. Hint: Old Spock gives young Spock a rundown of the next 100 years or so of adventures.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!