First 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Poster Hits Web (Photo)
J.J. Abrams' follow-up, in theaters next May, reunites the cast of the 2009 film.
First, director J.J. Abrams premiered a few seconds of footage from Star Trek Into Darkness on Conan in October. Now the first official poster for the follow-up to the 2009 film has been released.
The one-sheet depicts the destruction and "an unstoppable force of terror" that awaits Captain Kirk (Chris Pine), Spock (Zachary Quinto) and the rest of the USS Enterprise crew, leaving the world in peril.
Abrams' sequel finds Kirk leading "a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction," according to the official plot synopsis released in November, likely in reference to Benedict Cumberbatch's villain.
Not much is known about Cumberbatch's character, though some information might be revealed when the first nine minutes of Star Trek Into Darkness plays before Imax screenings of The Hobbit.
Star Trek Into Darkness opens May 17 and reunites Abrams, Pine and Quinto with the likes of Karl Urban and Zoe Saldana. Frequent Abrams collaborators Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof penned the screenplay.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack