Benedict Cumberbatch Looms Over the 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Teaser Trailer (Video)
In the first look at J.J. Abrams' sequel, the English actor presents a menace to Captain Kirk and the world at large.
Benedict Cumberbatch is The Darkness.
The BAFTA and Emmy-nominated Sherlock star, already the voice of the evil Smaug in the Hobbit films, looms large and destructive in this first, preliminary introduction to a teaser trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness, the J.J. Abrams-directed sequel to the hit 2009 series reboot.
After much speculation as to who, exactly, Cumberbatch is playing -- some said legendary villain Khaan -- his role is still unclear. But either way, he's not a nice guy, and a major turncoat, taking on Captain Kirk (Chris Pine), Spock (Zachary Quinto) and the rest of the Enterprise.
From the first look, his destruction is mighty, and it more than shatters what he calls their illusion of safety. Get ready for an extra teaser on Dec. 17 for a few more morsels ahead of the first trailer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR