'Star Trek Into Darkness' Trailer: The Enterprise Is 'Dead' (Video)
The J.J. Abrams sci-fi film hits theaters May 17.
Things look extremely grim for Captain Kirk and his crew in the third trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness.
Kirk (Chris Pine) is outgunned and outsmarted by villain John Harrison (Benedict Cumberbatch), who is shown cruising around the galaxy in a ship that’s more imposing than the Enterprise.
There’s lots of ominous talk, from “The ship’s dead, sir” (Simon Pegg’s Scotty) to “No ship should go down without her captain” (Cumberbatch). But perhaps most chilling is Kirk simply saying “I’m sorry” to his crew after the enemy ship shows up. It’s an uncharacteristically humble moment for the brash captain, suggesting he knows he's in big trouble.
Paramount’s Star Trek Into Darkness, directed by J.J. Abrams, hits theaters May 17.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'