'Star Trek Into Darkness' Trailer: The Enterprise Is 'Dead' (Video)
The J.J. Abrams sci-fi film hits theaters May 17.
Things look extremely grim for Captain Kirk and his crew in the third trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness.
Kirk (Chris Pine) is outgunned and outsmarted by villain John Harrison (Benedict Cumberbatch), who is shown cruising around the galaxy in a ship that’s more imposing than the Enterprise.
There’s lots of ominous talk, from “The ship’s dead, sir” (Simon Pegg’s Scotty) to “No ship should go down without her captain” (Cumberbatch). But perhaps most chilling is Kirk simply saying “I’m sorry” to his crew after the enemy ship shows up. It’s an uncharacteristically humble moment for the brash captain, suggesting he knows he's in big trouble.
Paramount’s Star Trek Into Darkness, directed by J.J. Abrams, hits theaters May 17.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Rita Ora and Calvin Harris: Working Together After a Breakup?
- From College To The Bright Lights Of Broadway: Meet 'Rock Of Ages' Leading Lady, Carrie St. Louis
- Blake Lively Pulls A Beyonce By Revealing Wedding Dress In Preserve Video
- Kristen Bell's Mary Poppins Takes On Minimum Wage With A Spoonful Of Sugar