First 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Clip Debuts on 'Conan' (Video)
Unfortunately, Paramount would only allow director J.J. Abrams to bring footage three frames long.
Here’s some news that should have Star Trek fans chomping at the bit: director J.J. Abrams premiered the first clip from his upcoming Trek sequel on TBS' Conan. But it’s short…really short.
“It’s got to be really short,” Abrams said of studio Paramount’s instructions to him. “It can’t be longer than three frames,” he claimed his bosses told him.
But Abrams told Conan O'Brien those three frames are indeed from Star Trek Into Darkness, the heavily guarded follow-up to his 2009 Trek reboot.
“This is a scene where Spock…for reasons that you’ll have to see the film to understand, is in a volcano in this crazy suit.”
Star Trek Into Darkness is slated for a May 17, 2013, release and reunites the Enterprise crew from the 2009 film (including Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban and Zoe Saldana) and adds Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch in a villain role still shrouded in mystery, even though the movie has wrapped.
Watch the video below. The clip begins (and ends) at the 1:51 mark.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Rapping 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!
- Hilary Duff & 'OITNB' Stars Take Over iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Girl Meets World's Sabrina Carpenter Releases 'The Middle of Starting Over' Video - Watch Now!