First 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Clip Debuts on 'Conan' (Video)
Unfortunately, Paramount would only allow director J.J. Abrams to bring footage three frames long.
Here’s some news that should have Star Trek fans chomping at the bit: director J.J. Abrams premiered the first clip from his upcoming Trek sequel on TBS' Conan. But it’s short…really short.
“It’s got to be really short,” Abrams said of studio Paramount’s instructions to him. “It can’t be longer than three frames,” he claimed his bosses told him.
But Abrams told Conan O'Brien those three frames are indeed from Star Trek Into Darkness, the heavily guarded follow-up to his 2009 Trek reboot.
“This is a scene where Spock…for reasons that you’ll have to see the film to understand, is in a volcano in this crazy suit.”
Star Trek Into Darkness is slated for a May 17, 2013, release and reunites the Enterprise crew from the 2009 film (including Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban and Zoe Saldana) and adds Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch in a villain role still shrouded in mystery, even though the movie has wrapped.
Watch the video below. The clip begins (and ends) at the 1:51 mark.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet