First 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Clip Debuts on 'Conan' (Video)
Unfortunately, Paramount would only allow director J.J. Abrams to bring footage three frames long.
Here’s some news that should have Star Trek fans chomping at the bit: director J.J. Abrams premiered the first clip from his upcoming Trek sequel on TBS' Conan. But it’s short…really short.
“It’s got to be really short,” Abrams said of studio Paramount’s instructions to him. “It can’t be longer than three frames,” he claimed his bosses told him.
But Abrams told Conan O'Brien those three frames are indeed from Star Trek Into Darkness, the heavily guarded follow-up to his 2009 Trek reboot.
“This is a scene where Spock…for reasons that you’ll have to see the film to understand, is in a volcano in this crazy suit.”
Star Trek Into Darkness is slated for a May 17, 2013, release and reunites the Enterprise crew from the 2009 film (including Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban and Zoe Saldana) and adds Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch in a villain role still shrouded in mystery, even though the movie has wrapped.
Watch the video below. The clip begins (and ends) at the 1:51 mark.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR