William Shatner Fights Lizard-Man in 'Star Trek' Game Ad (Video)
Captain Kirk and the reptile from the 1967 "Arena" episode learn they aren't as spry as they used to be.
William Shatner reunites with someone who helped define his early career in a new ad for Star Trek: The Video Game.
No, it's not Leonard Nimoy. It’s the lizard-like Gorn captain from the classic 1967 “Arena” episode of Star Trek, which saw Captain James T. Kirk transported down to an alien planet and pitted in a fight to the death against a humanoid reptile.
In the ad, the pair are shown sitting on the couch playing the Star Trek game, which is from NAMCO Bandai Games and features the likenesses of Chris Pine (Kirk) and Zachary Quinto (Spock).
Shatner becomes frustrated and hits the lizard-man, claiming his friend is causing him to die in the game. The reptile hits him back, and a rematch of the fight they had in the '60s episode ensues, only this time neither one is as spry as he used to be.
Out of breath and hurting, Shatner finally says “We’re both too old for this.”
Shatner recently revisited Star Trek territory during this year’s Oscars, when he appeared as Kirk to warn host Seth MacFarlane that the Family Guy creator was about to go down in history as worst Oscars host ever.
Watch the video below.
Follow Heat Vision
- T-Pain on What Happened to His Aaliyah Collaboration, Furious 7, and FKA Twigs' Engagement to Robert Pattinson [Updated]
- Patricia Arquette Will Follow Up Her Oscar Win With a Memoir
- Pete Holmes on How the Comedian Became the Modern-Day Philosopher
- Ed Sheeran Fits Right in With the Cast of Sesame Street
- You Can Own a 'Magic Mike XXL' T-Shirt with Channing Tatum's Shirtless Torso On the Front!
- Kelly Clarkson Makes Epic Return to 'American Idol,' Sings 'At Last' & 'Heartbeat Song' - Watch Now!
- George Clooney & Sacha Baron Cohen Hug It Out After Dinner
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Look Too Cute Together in New Pic