William Shatner Fights Lizard-Man in 'Star Trek' Game Ad (Video)
Captain Kirk and the reptile from the 1967 "Arena" episode learn they aren't as spry as they used to be.
William Shatner reunites with someone who helped define his early career in a new ad for Star Trek: The Video Game.
No, it's not Leonard Nimoy. It’s the lizard-like Gorn captain from the classic 1967 “Arena” episode of Star Trek, which saw Captain James T. Kirk transported down to an alien planet and pitted in a fight to the death against a humanoid reptile.
In the ad, the pair are shown sitting on the couch playing the Star Trek game, which is from NAMCO Bandai Games and features the likenesses of Chris Pine (Kirk) and Zachary Quinto (Spock).
Shatner becomes frustrated and hits the lizard-man, claiming his friend is causing him to die in the game. The reptile hits him back, and a rematch of the fight they had in the '60s episode ensues, only this time neither one is as spry as he used to be.
Out of breath and hurting, Shatner finally says “We’re both too old for this.”
Shatner recently revisited Star Trek territory during this year’s Oscars, when he appeared as Kirk to warn host Seth MacFarlane that the Family Guy creator was about to go down in history as worst Oscars host ever.
Watch the video below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Cameron Diaz & Benji Madden Enjoy Romantic Seaside Getaway in Italy - See the Pics!
- Obsessed with Beyonce's 'Crazy in Love' From 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer? Boots Explains Reworking the Song with Bey!
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson & Irina Shayk Crush Into Hollywood with 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Game of Thrones' Kit Harington & Rose Leslie Keep Close at LAX