Top Talent on Joining 'Star Wars' Sequel (Video)
Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, Joss Whedon and more weigh in on if they are up for traveling to a galaxy far, far away.
So, what do some of Hollywood’s biggest stars really think about working on new Star Wars films? A supercut of actors and directors talking about J.J. Abrams' Episode VII and beyond has hit online, and the results are pretty fantastic.
The reactions range from total geekout (Joss Whedon discussing his eight light sabers) to too cool for Jedi school (Jason Statham remarking that he doesn’t care for sci-fi).
Mark Wahlberg says Abrams initially asked him to play George Kirk in 2009’s Star Trek, but he turned the role down because he couldn’t understand the script. Wahlberg grew up on tough-guy cinema, not sci-fi. But when he saw the film, he was impressed.
“I probably wouldn’t pass up an opportunity to work with J.J. again,” Wahlberg says.
Mila Kunis says there are two types of people: Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans. “I’m a Star Trek fan,” she says.
Other highlights include Melissa McCarthy throwing her hat in the ring to play Chewbacca and X-Men helmer Bryan Singer hedging as he weighs traveling to a galaxy far, far away.
Watch the video below.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chloe Moretz Talks Boys & Fashion for 'Flare' September 2014
- The New 'Maze Runner' Trailer Is Out & It's Every Bit As Awesome As You Thought It Would Be
- It's Another Royal Photo Bomb! Prince Harry is Totally Psyched in the Background of a Selfie
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Joins Hubby Nick Swisher at 'Mission Swisher' Scavenger Hunt! (Exclusive Pics)