Top Talent on Joining 'Star Wars' Sequel (Video)
Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, Joss Whedon and more weigh in on if they are up for traveling to a galaxy far, far away.
So, what do some of Hollywood’s biggest stars really think about working on new Star Wars films? A supercut of actors and directors talking about J.J. Abrams' Episode VII and beyond has hit online, and the results are pretty fantastic.
The reactions range from total geekout (Joss Whedon discussing his eight light sabers) to too cool for Jedi school (Jason Statham remarking that he doesn’t care for sci-fi).
Mark Wahlberg says Abrams initially asked him to play George Kirk in 2009’s Star Trek, but he turned the role down because he couldn’t understand the script. Wahlberg grew up on tough-guy cinema, not sci-fi. But when he saw the film, he was impressed.
“I probably wouldn’t pass up an opportunity to work with J.J. again,” Wahlberg says.
Mila Kunis says there are two types of people: Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans. “I’m a Star Trek fan,” she says.
Other highlights include Melissa McCarthy throwing her hat in the ring to play Chewbacca and X-Men helmer Bryan Singer hedging as he weighs traveling to a galaxy far, far away.
Watch the video below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR