'Star Wars: Episode VII' Adds Two New Cast Members
The shooting of the film, taking place at U.K.'s Pinewood Studios, is set to take a two-week hiatus in August, it was announced on Sunday.
J.J. Abrams has added two more to the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. Meanwhile, the shooting of the film, taking place at U.K.'s Pinewood Studios, is set to take a two-week hiatus in August, it was announced on Sunday.
Crystal Clarke and Pip Andersen were unveiled on the official site of the franchise as the latest cast members of the sci-fi film. Both actors were added as part of the open casting calls held in multiple cities in the U.S. and U.K.
It is unclear what characters Clarke and Andersen will portray. However, according to a Chicago Tribune report last November, the open casting call description included two characters, named Rachel and Thomas. Rachel was described as "street smart, independent, athletic, natural beauty" while Thomas has "grown up without a father's influence. Without the model of being a man, he doesn't have the strongest sense of himself."
Clarke's feature film credits include the upcoming title The Moon and the Sun, a fantasy film directed by Sean McNamara that lists Pierce Brosnan and William Hurt as stars. Andersen, meanwhile, does not have any feature film credits listed although he appeared in MTV's Ultimate Parkour Challenge and in a commercial for Spider-Man.
The film's planned two-week August hiatus was due to the injury sustained by Harrison Ford on set, the announcement said. A source had told The Hollywood Reporter on June 12 that the actor sustained an ankle injury from the door of the Millennium Falcon. He was hospitalized for the injury.
"The Star Wars universe has always been about discovering and nurturing young talent and in casting Episode VII we wanted to remain absolutely faithful to this tradition. We are delighted that so many travelled to see us at the open casting calls and that we have been able to make Crystal and Pip a part of the film," said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy in the Sunday casting statement.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Bedlam Overtakes Jane Austen, While F. Scott Fitzgerald Sings
- 'Free The Nipple' Trailer Shows Women Fighting For Equality Through The Right To Bare Chests
- Jimmy Kimmel Gets Into Bathroom Brawl With Freddie Wong Over Their Necktie Knowledge
- Carla Ferrigno, Angela Leslie And Louisa Moritz Come Forward With Allegations Against Bill Cosby
- Vanessa Hudgens Says Gigi On Broadway Role Is 'A Dream Come True'
- Joey King, Peyton List, Sabrina Carpenter & More Fresh Faces Hit Just Jared's Homecoming Dance
- Christian Grey Asks Anastasia Steele to Trust Him in 'Fifty Shades of Grey' New Trailer - Watch Now!
- Harry Styles Addresses Rumors That He Bought 1,989 Roses For Taylor Swift - Watch Now!