'Star Wars: Episode VII': Breaking Down the First Cast Photo
Just who is everyone (human and droid) in the black-and-white image posted Tuesday morning? Is that really Chewbacca? THR has a handy guide.
The cast for the new Star Wars was officially announced Tuesday with a black-and-white image of the first table read in London. Some familiar faces, others you might not recognize.
"We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again," said writer-director J.J. Abrams.
Filming begins in London in a few weeks. No doubt you're wondering who all those people are in the photo, past and future. Check out The Hollywood Reporter's handy guide below.
1. J.J. Abrams, director-writer
2. R2D2: R2-series astromech droid - Unclear what role in new films will be.
3. Harrison Ford, actor - Reprising his role as Han Solo.
4. Daisy Ridley, actress
5. Carrie Fisher, actress - Reprising her role as Leia.
6. Peter Mayhew, actor - Reprising his role as Chewbacca.
7. Bryan Burk, producer
8. Kathleen Kennedy, Lucasfilm president
9. Domhnall Gleeson, actor
10. Anthony Daniels, actor - Reprising his role as C-3PO.
11. Mark Hamill, actor - Reprising his role as Luke Skywalker. What could he saying to C-3PO?
12. Andy Serkis, actor -- Deep in concentration.
13. Oscar Isaac, actor
14. John Boyega, actor
15. Adam Driver, actor - Playing an unspecified villain. Not looking entirely villainous here, yet.
16. Lawrence Kasdan, writer
(Click to enlarge image)
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet