'Star Wars Episode VII' Casting Leak Includes Teen Girls, 'Military Type' Male
A breakdown of character descriptions -- unconfirmed by the studio -- hit the web on Wednesday.
The new, highly anticipated Star Wars reboot might be looking to cast a pair of teenage girls and a wide range of male characters.
BleedingCool.com on Wednesday posted a list of casting breakdowns touted as “100 percent confirmed,” though it's worth noting that the details have not been confirmed by any other outlet. According to BleedingCool, casting began Wednesday in the U.K.
Among the characters director J.J. Abrams is reportedly seeking are a pair of late-teen females (one described as “independent, good sense of humor, fit” and the other as “tough, smart and fit”), a forty-something “military type” male, a thirty-something intellectual male, a tough, seventy-something male with strong opinions, a “witty and smart” twenty-something male described as “fit, but not traditionally good looking,” and a late twenty-something male who is “fit, handsome and confident.”
Rumors have circulated that Star Wars Episode VII could feature a female lead -- a theory that would appear to be supported by the leaked casting breakdown. Reports have also surfaced that Harrison Ford could reprise his role as Hans Solo. For his part, the actor said he would be open to return if the story would allow for it.
Production on the film is expected to begin in early 2014, with Abrams saying that he would be moving to London by the end of the year.
"It is so massive and so important to people," he said of the franchise. "I think the key to moving forward on something like this is honoring, but not revering, what came before."
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag